For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Friday, July 17, 2015

Brand New!!!!!........Aaaahhhh.......

     I bought a brand new sketchbook today! No I don't have ten more still waiting to be filled. My idea keeper ( aka my sketchbook) that I have right now is almost full, about 15 pages left, sad. For me a new idea keeper is both motivating and scary. The very first page of white potential just waiting to be used and all I can do is sit there and stare at it. Really! Sure there is plenty of things to draw and I might have had an idea already forming in my head. But as soon as I open it up, the idea disappears, vanishes into thin air. I just sit there dumbfounded and paralyzed. Finally after getting a cup of coffee and a taking a few deep breaths I begin. Slowly and lightly at first, but gradually getting darker. Painstakingly a picture begins to forms before me.  Funny thing is I am not sure if it is just me, who experiences this random terror at the sight of the first blank page.  Does anyone else experience this? Please tell me its not just me? Even after the initial fleeting of ideas, the limitless possibilities excites me!

Brand New Idea Keeper    






The First Page







Pride of an Art Teacher
The first page sketch  
                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment