For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Friday, January 15, 2016

The Techie and The Artist

Techie at work
The Artist 
We're quite the pair 
 My husband is an IT technician and I am a self-taught artist. Yes, this a big difference in profession and one of our passions. But we each love and embrace this difference in each other. (I would probably not have a working laptop otherwise ;) ) Even though I can't do techie stuff, nor am I very tech oriented, I still enjoy listening to and watching my Techie work.   I am excited to be able to be apart of Hubby's work even in the smallest way. This week I have been given a new part in it. I feel more useful now that I have something to do that will make things run smoother. (Its also nice to be able to spend time with Hubby, helping him.) Working with people you care about makes even the mundane work more fun. My Techie also takes a great interest in my art and about the art lessons I taught ( and hope to start teaching again, soon).  We each see the need to support and encourage each other in our areas of interest, talent, and passion.When we were courting, Hubby would often sit and watch me sketch. Now normally I don't like it when people watch me sketch, (it's distracting) but I like it when he watches. He encourages and helps when I get frustrated with a project. (and makes the silence less silent :P)  I am looking forward to doing more art and helping Hubby with his work. God has blessed us with so many amazing opportunities. I pray that with God's strength and guidance we can and will make the most of them for His Kingdom.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Keep appreciating and encouraging each other. Being married to an opposite is awesome! There's so much opportunity to learn from your spouse if you don't let their habits rub you the wrong way... let it rub you the right way! Sounds like you two are off to a great start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your posts! Makes me miss blogging even more! You two are so cute;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete