For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Thursday, January 21, 2016

TIME FOR ART!! (maybe just some doodles)


OKAY. Let me just start by saying, that I have not gotten to do a lot of artwork in about a month and a half (roughly).  With all the wedding planning and settling into the new stage of life there just hasn't been a lot of time for it :'( . Now that there is no more wedding planning( YEAH I'M MARRIED) and that we have gotten a pretty good start in this new stage, there is time to do art.Yay! I've only done some doodling so far, but I am so looking forward to starting new projects soon. But I don't look down on a little bit of doodling. Actually I encourage doodling. You're a bit fidgety, bored, sitting through a lecture, watching a movie, or listening to music. DOODLE! Now I'm sure you think I am crazy for encouraging it. I'm not crazy.....ok... I'm only a little crazy ;) Here's why I encourage doodling. 

Humans have been doodling in caves for centuries. 

Some of the most famous people were doodlers. 


  • Leonardo Da Vinci 
  • George Washington
  • John F. Kennedy 
  • Thomas Edison
  • Mark Twain
  • J.R.R. Tolkien
It increases memory and retention of information by a WHOOPING 29%. 

Helps you focus on "boring" topics in a lecture or meeting when you have visual reference to what is being said.

 It helps people cope with stress by allowing them to let out their emotions in a nonverbal way.

It also helps with problem solving, allowing people to see the process in a step by step visual manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment