For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Time Flies

It has been so long since I have last written. Life does that to you doesn't it.  I am just realizing that in about two weeks it will no longer be October and we will be heading full speed toward Thanksgiving, Christmas and baby Nathaniel's Due date! Wow!!! Its getting closer and closer! I am officially in the third trimester!!!! YAY!!! Not looking forward to all that comes with this last trimester, well ok, I am looking forward to holding my baby boy!!!!

Okay, so now I'll catch you all up on some of the things that have been happening here.

 I am in full swing nesting mode right now, so there is a lot of cleaning and reorganizing going on. I just overhauled the kitchen the other day and moved things around and wiped down the insides of cupboards and all the surfaces in the kitchen. The dining room/ living room is cleaned and organized to a functional level and our bedroom is all clean and ready for the crib to be put up.

 I have also been reevaluating our routines and budget. I am generally not very good at keeping a good routine going. Not sure if it's my arty side or just the lack of interest in it. But I am trying really hard to get one set and stick with it. One reason being baby is going to need to have a routine set up and I feel like it is good for me to get a bit of a head start with one. Something that I have found very helpful for me (so far) is to use lots of color while planning out my daily and weekly schedules and to do lists. I have lots of bright colored pens, tabs and printable calendars and layouts for me to use. Helps to keep things interesting. I also use lots of color in my quiet time in the morning. There is just something calming in using my chaotic creativity to create a calm environment for me and my little family. ( Just a bit of an oxymoron, but still the truth. :D)

I got to spend the afternoon with my hubby at his office Thursday!! I had a lot of fun. At first I was just going to drop off his new laptop that came that morning, but ended up staying for a while. Hubby and his boss (best friend) had a big shipment of  computer stuff for clients come in while I was there and I got to play with a Surface Pro 4. (I have been looking into getting one and potentially getting into more digital art.) I loved it!! I also loved watching hubby get all excited over all the tech that came.  Now we sit next to each other on the couch me writing this post and hubby setting up and playing with his new laptop.  Its also time for some Ice Cream HEHEHE!!!! Soon it will be time for bed.

 Tomorrow hubby and I will be heading up to spend the weekend with my folks!!! Its been awhile since we've seen them last so I am REALLY looking forward to seeing them and checking up!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment